A tough, old cowboy once counseled his grandson that if he wanted to live a long life, the secret was to sprinkle a pinch of gunpowder on his oatmeal every morning.
The grandson did this religiously and lived to the age of 110.He left four children, 20 grandchildren, 30 great grandchildren, 10 great great grandchildren and a 50 foot hole where the crematorium used to be.
via Oatmeal – Everything You Wanted to Know about Oats.
After a looonngg vacation, I felt the urge to do a little blogging again. The first day of the new year is a good day to start, I guess. So far, this year has been OK – all 18 hours of it.
My goals for 2013 are simple:
- Eat a more healthy diet.
- Lose a few pounds (a lot of pounds would be better).
- Love my daughter and our kitty babies a lot.
- Get out of the house, move around more and act more social.
- See if I can still play the piano with my stiff fingers. I haven’t tried to play in years.
- Get rid of more unneeded stuff in my house.
There’s more, but don’t want to overwhelm myself before I even get started.
Happy New Year to all! God Bless!
I may have posted this one before, but I love it.
- – - -
MY LIFE IS IN YOUR HANDS
sung by Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir
This Is How It Feels to Be Free
by Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir
Friday Funnies is sponsored by Homesteader’s Heart.
* * *
“Don’t send a man to the grocery store!”
MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYBODY!!
LABOR OF LOVE
sung by Jill Phillips