REMEMBERING THE GOOD OLD DAYS
Older Than Dirt Quiz:
Count all the ones that you remember – not the ones you were told about!
1. Blackjack chewing gum
2. Wax Coke-shaped bottles with colored sugar water
3. Candy cigarettes
4. Soda pop machines that dispensed bottles, not cans and they cost 5¢ each.
5. Coffee shops with tableside jukeboxes
6. Home-delivery milk in glass bottles with cardboard stoppers
7. Party lines
8. Newsreels before the movie (There was no TV news, we went to the theater for the news reel)
9. P.F. Flyers
10. Butch wax and flat top hair cuts for the guys
11. Telephone numbers with a word prefix (Olive-6933) You only had to dial the OL6933.
12. Pea shooters
13. Howdy Doody and Clarabell
14. 45 and 78 RPM records
15. S&H Green Stamps (or even Gold Bond Stamps)
16. Hi-fi’ stereos half the size of a room
17. Metal ice trays with lever
18. Mimeograph paper and oh that awful purple ink
19. Blue flashbulbs that usually didn’t work
20. Packards and Nash Ramblers
21. Roller skate keys and no in line wheels
22. Cork popguns and air rifles
23. Drive-in Movies with the playground up at the front.
24. Studebakers and Olds with fins
25. Wash tub wringers and no dryers so you had to hang the wet clothes out on a line.
If you remembered 0-5 you’re still young
If you remembered 6-10 you are getting older
If you remembered 11-15 don’t tell your age,
If you remembered 16-25 you’re older than dirt!
Today I have to admit that I’m older than dirt – I remembered 16 of these.